Flow Eigtheen 38 is part of FairJourney Biologics, a world leading CRO in antibody discovery, engineering, characterization and production. It provides services to pharmaceutical companies and top biotech’s from U.S., Europe and Japan. FairJourney Biologics combines deep expertise in antibody phage display with a cutting-edge proprietary mammalian display platform capable of identifying high affinity and developable lead antibody candidates during the earliest stages of drug discovery. This exciting
set of technologies and expertise gives the company a unique edge in therapeutic antibody development. Its state-of-the-art facilities are in Porto, Portugal. For more information, please visit www.fjb.pt and https://floweighteen38.pt.
Company language: English
We are seeking a highly capable and enthusiastic (Associate) Scientist to join the Cell Line Development Division Team at our Porto site. You will be responsible for implementation/ improving process workflows of cell line development technology for antibody production and other protein formats. Your responsibilities will include the planning, design, execution for the experiments, data analysis and interpretation, preparation of reports and communication to the clients and undertake mentoring and direct supervision of team members to guide them in CLD procedures and new processes implementations.
The ideal candidate for this role is a highly motivated candidate with strong understanding and experience in cell line development platforms for antibody production or other protein biologics and support on the execution of cell line development for preclinical and clinical development projects:
• PhD in Biology, Cell Biology, Bioengineering, or related discipline, or Master’s degree in relevant discipline with > 4 years of relevant experience
• Experience in suspension CHO/HEK cell line development platform; Vector design/Cloning; Stable and transient transfections; Single cell cloning; Clone selection (ELISA/Octet); Research Cell Banking (RCB) generation; Stability Assessment Studies; Genetic characterization methods (ddPCR, qPCR)
• Experience in leading projects or project sub-teams and/or managing contract research relationships
• Self-motivated with excellent organization, time-management, and communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work as member of a team and adhere to timelines
• Excellent planning and organization skills
• Proactive with problem-solving aptitude
• The ability to work independently and actively collaborate within and across teams
• Excellent command of the English language
Familiarity with any of the following would be an advantage:
• Experience in process development with application for upstream techniques to pilot and into manufacturing (feed batch optimization; single use bioreactors)
• Experience working with a range of different molecules (mAbs, bispecifics, complex proteins)
• Experience in project report generation to support IND filling
• Experience to work under Good Laboratory Practice (GLP)
• Integration into a highly developing motivated team working within an international group which includes our sister company Iontas in Cambridge, UK;
• Working in an international environment;
• We offer career development opportunities and a fun and supportive working environment in our expanding Porto site;
• Bonus incentives;
• Significant tax breaks may apply if you are a foreign or Portuguese expat.
Would you like to play an important role in the Cell Line Development Division team in Porto, Portugal? Let us know if you are interested and come discuss your future job in our wonderful rooftop and don´t forget the applications must be submitted directly through our website, at www.fjb.pt.
Please use “Reference 113” for this position. For more information about this position you can contact us at +351 220 736 919.